You will need a few 1p, 2p, 5p and 10p coins.
Play a some of the following games to help your child recognise the coins...
- Give your child a selection of coins, "I am going to hold up a 1p coin, can you hold up a 1p coin?" Repeat for other coins
- Kims game. Put all the coins on a tray, lay a sheet over the top and take a coin away. When you lift up the sheet can they say which one is missing?
- Can you sort the coins into different groups? All the 1p together? All the bronze coins together?
- Draw round the coins on paper and label them
- Press the coins into dough and name them
Watch the coins song on espresso (be careful as the coins that appear are old money so please explain to you child that they look slightly different now).