Today I would like the children to learn to count in 10s! You could do this in lots of practical ways...
- Hop on one foot...count 10 for every hop
- Walk up the stairs...count 10 for every stair
- Throw and catch a ball...count 10 for every ball
- Get out lots of 10p coins and count them
- How many people are in your house? Count their fingers in tens!
- Go onto Discover Education online and type 'interactive number square' into the search bar. Use the number square to highlight all the 10s - do you notice any patterns?